Looking for something fun, creative, and free this Bank Holiday? Put the 31st in your diary – the Harbour Arm will be transforming into a hive of creative activity and artworks. As Folkestone Fringe presents the new, mass participation project: #MySquareFolkestone
MySquare is a project that invites you to use the What3Words map to pick a location of significance to you and represent the words that are assigned to that location in creative ways.
Between 11am – 3pm, people of all ages will be invited to participate in socially distanced creative workshops, exploring clay and paints!
– An array of artworks will be installed across the Harbour Arm, demonstrating the innovative responses made by local artists.
– We’ll be dotted across Folkestone’s Harbour Arm, but you can find our hub, along with one of our exciting workshops at East Yard.
– Pick up an activity sheet from the hub for yourself to take on your arm walk. The sheet will help you choose a square for yourself on the arm, at home, or elsewhere, as well as offer a writing/drawing response space which you can post in our dropbox at East Yard ready for us to document & upload.
– The paint workshop will allow you to paint your own creation on wood, for it to be put towards a larger communal sculpture displayed at the arm.
– The clay workshop will invite you to mold & stamp from your own slab of material given to you on the day. All creations are then going to be painted by local artist – Ruby Bolton at bluegoldstudio-documented, and returned to the maker in early September.
– All creations from the day will be uploaded to our map and documented by our team for our audiences.
Can’t make it down? MySquare can be done from anywhere. Click here to find out how.